Thursday, April 8, 2010

8th april 2010 –[Story on Multimeter]-


Ribbon with Socket


Male type socket
Today, after complete construct 1 more controller, get to learned new simple stuff but to complete it need long period. This is male type socket(each unit cost RM4), what I need to do is to plug the ribbon to the specific point on socket. After that, check with multimeter whether that socket is in close circuit.
So that time I was searching for multimeter but I called it as ohm meter because I need to set the meter to ohm unit only can check the socket. My supervisor correct my mistake because thought that I was wrong with the term of word I used.
But for me, if I want to measure voltage, I will call it as voltmeter, to measure resistance then named it as ohm meter although the meter still the same item which is multimeter.

After explained to him, he showed me how the actual ohm meter looks like. It’s a DIY meter where he use a speaker, bactery and crocodile clips to create the so called “ohm meter.” haha

No comments: